Cinnamon Cookie Chunk Jul 12, 2013 5:39:14 GMT -5
Post by mupt on Jul 12, 2013 5:39:14 GMT -5
Cinnamon Cookie Chunk Ice Cream
300ml Full Cream Milk
600ml Thickened Cream
75g Brown Sugar
145 g Caster Sugar
4 Egg Yolks
5 ml Cinnamon Sugar
5 ml Ground Cinnamon
5 ml Vanilla Extract
Broken Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. Add all the milk, thickened cream, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon and cinnamon sugar to the saucepan, heat until slowly bubbling (do NOT bring to the boil). Be sure to stir occasionally to prevent a build up on the bottom of the pan.
2. While the milk and cream mixture is heating up, lightly whisk the yolks in a separate bowl, once the yolks are mixed slowly add both the sugars. Continue whisking until all the sugar is added and the mixture reaches a ribbon like texture.
3. Once both step 1 and 2 are complete, ladle a small amount of the heated dairy mixture to the egg yolk and sugar mixture, whisk aggressively. Repeat this process for three to four more ladles worth of heated dairy mixture.
4. Once the egg yolk and sugar mixture is the same texture as the heated dairy mixture, transfer all the dairy mixture into the egg yolk bowl, whisk this mixture until it is evenly mixed.
5. Transfer the mixture to the saucepan and place over low heat until the mixture reaches 180 degrees F (83 degrees C). Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
6. Once cooled (preferably overnight in the fridge), churn according to your ice cream maker’s instructions. Add mixins during the last 2-3 minutes of churning.
7. Transfer churned mixture to separate containers and place in the freezer for at least four hours to harden.